Purpose of the Committee
In June 2014 an ordinance to establish a Town Education Committee to address the diverse educational needs of Arrowsic residents was passed at the annual Town meeting. The Committee is made up of five members appointed by the Town Select Board.
The main goals of the Education Committee are:
- Promote educational experiences that allow all students to develop their knowledge, skills and critical thinking in a way that results in their ability to fully participate in the global community of the 21century.
- Oversee Town interests as related to education of Town residents.
- Render to the Select Board a summary of services received from the School Unit of which Arrowsic is a member.
- Evaluate from time to time the performance of the School Unit of which Arrowsic is a member.
- Facilitate communications among stakeholders of Arrowsic Education such as and not limited to the School Unit, parents, residents or taxpayers.
- Perform other duties as allowed by law.
Current Members: Ash Karl, Camille Kauffunger (Chair), Anita Lichman (Secretary)